As many of you know the Kickstarter project for our new product, the Apex Camping Shelter is live. The project was funded in less than one hour! We have partnered with a non-profit charity called One Days’ Wages so each Apex Camping Shelter sold will help provide clean water for one person for one year! A portion of the proceed of each Apex Camping Shelter sold will be donated to One Day’s Wages, Clean Water Fund. Together, we can help people get access to improved water and sanitation through improvements such as wells, filtration systems, latrines and sanitation education.
We appreciate all of the support that our backers and customers have shown and feel that it is important to give back to the global community, especially to those living in extreme poverty. If you purchase an Apex Camping shelter you will be making a massive difference in someones life! We will continue to offer this pledge after the Kickstarter campaign has ended and as long as Apex Camping Shelters are sold.
Thanks for your support!
Apex Camping Shelter by GO! Outfitters. This multi-purpose tarp can be used for hammock camping or as a general camping tarp or shade canopy!
After a successful Kickstarter campaign, the GO! Hammock is now available to the public! http://go-outfitters.com/
This product video highlights some of the important features that make it amazingly comfortable, portable and durable. The GO! Hammock is perfect for hammock camping, sleeping and relaxing! It packs into the built-in stuff sack, so you can take it anywhere!
Big thanks to Hammock Fanatic for featuring the GO! Hammock on their website. We really appreciate these experts taking the time to give provide their take on our flagship product! Please click on their logo below to see what they think of the GO! Hammock.
The GO! Hammock is now available on Kickstarter! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/go-outfitters/the-go-hammock
Attention bloggers and magazines our press kit is now available. We will promote all bloggers and mags who create an article about the GO! Hammock.
We will be launching our long awaited GO! Hammock tomorrow at 12:00 EDT! Check back tomorrow for full details. Thanks for your support!
The GO! Hammock
This illustration shows examples of hammocks set up with the incorrect amount of sag.
When setting up a hammock, one thing that is often overlooked is setting the hammock up with the correct amount of sag. A hammock that is hung either too loose or too tight will not be as comfortable as a hammock with the correct amount of sag. Getting the correct amount of hammock sag can be achieved by trial and error, simply tightening or loosening the hammock suspension and testing the feel of the hammock. Getting the correct amount of sag can make a big difference in how the hammock feels. So the next time you set up your hammock, try experimenting with the sag, you will be amazed at the difference it makes! We will be releasing more tips on setting up hammocks in the near future.
Follow us to be the first to hear details about our exciting new ultra comfortable hammock that will be released soon!
When hanging a hammock from trees always use 1″ or larger webbing tree straps to protect the trees from damage to the cambium layer. The cambium layer is the “growing” part of the tree located just beneath the bark. Chains or small diameter ropes can cause severe damage to the tree and can even kill it. Always use tree straps that are 1″ or wider. We recommend using our extra strength polyester tree straps to hang hammocks because nylon straps can stretch.
A Go Outfitters hammock installed indoors will be the most comfortable place in the house!
Most people associate hammocks with the outdoors but more and more people are setting up hammocks indoors too. Here are a few reasons why you may want to consider setting up an hammock in your home.
1. Extreme comfort. A properly designed hammock will be the most comfortable seat or bed in the house. A hammock makes a great place to watch television or to read a book. You will find yourself spending more and more time in the hammock and less time on your couch or recliner.
2. Take amazing naps! A comfortable hammock is a terrific place to take naps. The gentle rocking motions helps one to fall asleep quickly and deeply. A good hammock supports the body evenly and helps one to stay asleep longer without tossing and turning. More and more people are sleeping in hammocks every night instead of beds!
3. Easy set up! After installing eye bolts to hang your hammock, you can set up or take down the hammock in about 30 seconds! Go! Outfitters hammocks can be packed into a tiny stuff sack for easy storage.
4. Use it all year! When setting up a hammock indoors, you don’t need to worry about the weather outside, which means you can use it every day and all year long!
5. It’s fun. Using a hammock indoors is fun. After setting up your hammock indoors, you will wonder how you got along without it!
In the coming months, we will be releasing our flagship hammock! We designed this to be the most comfortable hammock possible and it’s perfect for indoor or outdoor use!